• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Signs of Ammunition Market Stabilizing

Park Jr

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
As of this week I’ve seen a few signs of the ammunition market beginning to stabilize, curios to hear other people’s feelings on the issue.

Mainly seeing long gun rounds not flying out the door as quickly as it had. Same can be said for shotgun birdshot. In multiple cases this week it has been very easy to obtain.

As for 9mm and 380 it’s still being bought up as quickly as it’s put out when it’s priced accordingly.

Would like to start two lists
1. Easy to find
2. Hard to come by
Throw up any round you can think of and we’ll see what falls where .

Compiled list as of 4/4/21

Wanted to say thanks to the guys that pm’ed me. Also to anyone who has added to the list. So most agree these calibers have been seen on the shelves and are in most cases easily obtained.
9mm
10mm
12 gauge birdshot
20 gauge birdshot
28 gauge (don’t know who has one)
10 gauge (saw it twice this week for the first time in forever)
22 lr
308 Win
6.5 Creedmore
30-30 Winchester

and these have been harder to find.

If you’re out this week and see any of these on the shelves feel free to message me because I know people that are looking. Thanks

38 special
357 magnum
350 Legend
22 Mag
22 stinger
12 gauge slugs
300 blk sub

what ya smoking, nothing stabilized in Forsyth County yet

*signs being the key word*
But what are you looking for? Maybe i can help you find it. Went to 5 gun shops yesterday and saw the most I’ve seen in months. Didn’t like the prices but that’s a good *sign* that people aren’t willing to pay that much.

Firearm Background Checks Soar to Record High in March
March’s nearly 4.7 million background checks breaks the previous record set just two months before.

Get ready for yet another hard surge..
I think most of these buyers will be shopping for 380 and 9mm. As per my OP I think that is the hottest part of the market currently. Second to handgun ammunition. I believe 12 gauge slugs and in some cases buckshot are still going to remain hard to source.

I think most of these buyers will be shopping for 380 and 9mm. As per my OP I think that is the hottest part of the market currently. Second to handgun ammunition I believe 13 gauge slugs and in some case buckshot are still going to remain hard to source in some cases.

wishful thinking

Back
Top Bottom