• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig Sauer (sig Pro) 2022

tylerdurden

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
This gun comes in 357, 9mm and 40.
Mine is 40.

Its a SIG. so this company has a great track record. From what I have read the french police use this pistol and forsee using it untill 2022... hence the name of the gun 2022.
Gun is Single action/double action with a Decock. Your safety is the fact that you can load a round and Decock the hammer and bring the trigger to DA which feels like a 10 lb trigger pull. After firing the first round the gun goes into SA. each round fired after the first is somewhere around 3-4 ob trigger pull. Very accurate.

The Pros:
the decocker is awesome. I like the safety of having the 10 lb trigger pull for the first round.
The trigger feels really good and solid. I the trigger better then the glocks safe trigger.
all the controls are in perfect placement for use . (slide release, mag drop, decock.)
easy to break down (not as simple as glock tho)
I really like the look of the tactical rail in the front (picitiny style)
grip is almost enough to put 3 fingers on but with the stock mag (has pinky extension) hand fits great and keeps a low profile handle without adding too much grip.
Mag holds 12 rounds +1 in the chamber (about average for its size)

The cons:
Gun fully loaded is alittle on the heavy side for a poly gun. Boar Axis is a little high

overall great gun. Great price for a SIG!! gotta love it.

Just bought one of these the other day. AWESOME! Way, way better than the XD and Glock that I have owned in the past (IMHO). Guy at store was asking over $500. Told him I could order one from bud's @ $395 + FFL. Walked out with it for $420. Didn't realize till I got home and checked it out that this was no Bud's special. Seems the ones sold in black boxes are German made and come with 2 mags and night sights. They tell me these are contract overruns and better made than the NH ones. I recommend these guns because they are exellent and shoot every bit as good as a 226. If you can find a black box one, snatch it up.

How to tell if it's a German 2022.

1. Triple serial #'s on frame, slide, and barrel.
2. Frame says "made in germany".
3. Slide has internal extractor.
4. Black box.
Also German mags will say Sig and have bullet view holes in rear.
Even though the box on German models say Nitron finish, they are acctually Ifalon (spelling?) which is superior in that it is teflon based and sluge will just slide right off. Ifalon has a blued look compared to a parkarized look of Nitron.

I had a Sp 2022..... reget getting rid of it, it was a nice pistol and it didn't really get a chance to shine here in the states thus came the crappy looking P250 series

Two more members probably regret getting rid of thiers. I got one horsetrading and my best friend saw it and made me post a WTB for him (he's not so PC friendly ) So now we have matching gu… OMG! I CAN'T show up at the range wearing the same thing he is! *runs and buys different dress* But... I digress. Great shooting gun and I've carried and shot many, including the dreaded Glock ;->

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom