• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig P938 - Recoil spring ejection

cdb400

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
My P938 decided to shoot its recoil spring and rod during my last range day. Happy it happened during a practice session since its also my current carry weapon. Was not aware this was a known issue until I did some internet searching. I found the rod, but I couldnt find the spring. Anyone have an extra laying around? All the aftermarket shops I searched are currently out of stock. The Sig website has a 3 pack avail, but I'm hoping to not spend $50 to get it back up and running. Any suggestions appreciated! Carrying a full size USP is gonna wear out my hip real quick!

I wouldn't want that as my carry weapon anymore. Was considering it against the P365, I think I've made my choice now!
I hear ya, but it is a known issue that’s been corrected on newer models. You can either loctite the 2 piece guide rod if you have the older model( I bought it used and didn’t know which Gen I had), or buy a 1 piece guide rod. I should of researched “known issues” since it was my carry. Don’t wanna turn you off the P938. I put it thru hell livin on my hip and it’s always shot when I needed it to. And while it’s a smaller purchase for my large hands, I still think it shoots flatter than the 365 I shot l, and I prefer the trigger on 938.

Back
Top Bottom