• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig P250 Compact 9mm

Sharps40

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Back from the range and working out with all the new ones I got. I'll break this into 5 threads. In summary, all but one are keepers and the one in question would be a difficult choice to trade off. All shots were taken off hand and about as fast as I can prep the trigger as it crosses the bull. 4 handguns left a ragged 4" hole in the target at 15 meters and the 100 rounds thru the rifle off hand left a 3" hole at 25 meters. For those w/Sig P250, Walther PPS, Taurus or Keltec concerns, here go's...

Sig P250 Compact 9mm Two Tone with Siglite sights: Perfect function with 150 rounds of mixed FMJ and Hollow point reloads. All loads were capped with the hard CCI primers. This Sig had the factory trigger replaced with the short trigger, no other mods, never before fired. This Sig was only very lightly lubed before heading out. Perfect function, rounds in and out, mag drops fast, trigger is long but the complaints about the reset are (in my opinion) not applicable to the average Joe looking to protect himself and the house. The gentle recoil automatically leads you to let the trigger forward to reset. About the best DAO trigger I have feathered back, you can stack it up and realign for let off with ease. Yes, the trigger well gets a bit warm in rapid fire, not bothersome though. It took about 50+ rounds w/out a break to warm it up. The grip with the short trigger is for me so good that I sold all my Glocks. And, the accuracy, very nice! Opinion: I'd carry this one anywhere and buy another at any time.

Happy Independence Day. Stay Sober and pray for our Troops.

Last edited:
I picked up a BlackHawk Serpa CQC holster for this one. Nice fit, adjustable tension on the finger release and it is as easy to chop a Serpa holster to length as to grip chop a Glock Pistol. The holster I picked up was long enough to cover the full length slide of the full size P250. My pistol is the P250 Compact and I didn't want an extra 3/4" of holster hanging down and potentially printing. So, marked off 6/10" with a scribe, hacksawed it away and finished it up with a smooth cut file to just make the line disappear. Looks good and now the holster is only 1/16" longer than the slide. BTW, really like the Serpa as a whole. Nice range of adjustment for cant, it rides close to the hip with the paddle installed, stays put, locks the gun in place and releases pretty darn smooth. I think the other benefit is the holster is still open when you want to put the gun back, not squashed flat or with a thumb break flopping into the way. I guess the real test will be how well the retention holds up over time.

Back
Top Bottom