• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick starving cat, need advice

Vet just called, Edison is a boy and he's very old in the 12-13 year range. Vet is going to give him antibiotics and other shots. If he's no better in a week he advised having him put to sleep because he's suffering with a severe upper respiratory infection from being out in the elements and not eating for so long. He doesn't have anything contagious

It's at the vet, still waiting for the call to let me know what's going on
We have rescued a few of them over the years. I usually get some hard luck case or a stray that is about to go to the pound.... my vet is pretty good. She knows i am trying to help them and usually will help me out too.
I went to school with her, so i have known her for ever. She is real understanding when it comes to strays we bring in that she knows we are paying for.
She will give me meds at wholesale, not charge me full price for appointments when they are repetitive, etc., ......it helps. :)

Vet just called, Edison is a boy and he's very old in the 12-13 year range. Vet is going to give him antibiotics and other shots. If he's no better in a week he advised having him put to sleep.

12-13 could still be middle-aged. I had a cat that made it to 20. Hope Edison gets better soon

12-13 could still be middle-aged. I had a cat that made it to 20. Hope Edison gets better soon
Vet said he's appears to have been lost and starving for some time and this infection has just broken him down. I'm going to give him as much comfort as I can up to ending his suffering if he doesn't recover. If he does recover then I'll give him a safe comfortable warm place where he never has to go hungry again

Vet just called, Edison is a boy and he's very old in the 12-13 year range. Vet is going to give him antibiotics and other shots. If he's no better in a week he advised having him put to sleep because he's suffering with a severe upper respiratory infection from being out in the elements and not eating for so long. He doesn't have anything contagious

that actually sounds pretty promising. 12-13 isnt too old for a cat. I figured as mcuh with the URI as thats been in almost every stray i've ever rescued. They can tend to get over it quickly with rest and meds so as long as they get him on some good antibiotics he'll hopefully be ok. Biggest thing was finding out he doesnt have any thing contagious as now you can provide him shelter without having to worry.

May want to invest in some Kitten food. Its got a good bit more fat and cats tend to love it so its an easy way of adding some weight back on them.

that actually sounds pretty promising. 12-13 isnt too old for a cat. I figured as mcuh with the URI as thats been in almost every stray i've ever rescued. They can tend to get over it quickly with rest and meds so as long as they get him on some good antibiotics he'll hopefully be ok. Biggest thing was finding out he doesnt have any thing contagious as now you can provide him shelter without having to worry.

May want to invest in some Kitten food. Its got a good bit more fat and cats tend to love it so its an easy way of adding some weight back on them.
The antibiotic shot given by the vet will last him for 2 weeks and I finally got him to eat a few bites of Sheba canned food

This is what we found at Walmart and we checked online, the wormer contains the same ingredients for cats also
He had finally come outside and was laying in the middle of the driveway when we got home. my wife had to get out and make him move so I could back up. He seems much more alert now than before, hopefully this silver stuff will help him

NVRMND

Back
Top Bottom