• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick starving cat, need advice

This is wgat we found at Walmart and we chwcked online, the wormer is rhe same ongredients for cats also

I'd research that particular brand before giving it to the cat. Some off-brand pet medication sold at Walmart has been known to cause seizures and death in cats and small dogs.

About a week I had a stray cat/kitten show up in my garage. It looks to be less than a year old but not quite a kitten.
No idea if it's a male or female
I found it eating my cats food. It's starving to death, never seen a cat this skinny. It was sneezing and coughing, light green mucus running from it's nostrils.
I gave it one of my cats spare houses we made from storage containers and put a radiant heater in front
I've been feeding it canned and dry food, all it wants
It was making progress. The mucus, sneezing and coughing went away. A few days ago when it got cold I locked it in the garage with the heater to keep it warm but it's getting sick again.
I went out this morning expecting to find it dead or close to it but it's still hanging in here. It even got up and gave me a faint meow and staggered towards me
I'm going to run it to the vet tomorrow to see if they can diagnose and give it the meds it needs
It's eating and drinking just fine and it's apparent now that it adopted me so now I feel responsible for it
Does anyone know anything about cats, is there anything I can or can't give it right now to help relieve its discomfort
I'm not taking it to the pound

Thank You for Caring for this Cat. Praying for it. I hope he makes it.

Ill be praying for this Kitty , It does sound like a Bad URI , Ive had kitty that had real bad URI's & they aint Pretty.

The Vet will hopefully confirm it does not have a 'Fatal / Contagious '.

We went through a similar situation as a Kitty was in our garage one Cold December morning .
She was super skinny (her back bone & ribs were showing ) ; over the next 3+ months she has fattened up & I can barely feel her spine .

Then last Friday March 26 th she got outside & disappeared (Oh She also has NO front Claws ) & That is a Bad thing IMO ; we put up signs did the FB thing , yhe Next Door App , & nothing until about Midnight last Friday we heard Meowing outside , We went out & it was her 'Thank God' She was scared & it took 30 min for her to come to my wife but once inside it was like she never left .....a true blessing & she is sleeping by me right now .

Ill be praying your vet visit will go well & a happy ending will be the result & thanks for being a Special Person for taking care of this & yr other kittys .

Ill be looking forward to yr update . God Bless you & yours in this stressful time .

Davey

The kitty could barely walk this morning, I found it out front of the house and not in front of the heater. I took it to the vet, I told them if he can't be helped or will be permanently stunted to put it to sleep and stop its suffering but if he can be saved do what they can within reason. They'll call and let me know and we'll decide from there

The kitty could barely walk this morning, I found it out front of the house and not in front of the heater. I took it to the vet, I told them if he can't be helped or will be permanently stunted to put it to sleep and stop its suffering but if he can be saved do what they can within reason. They'll call and let me know and we'll decide from there
Hoping for the best. If it makes it you gotta name it Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom