• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick starving cat, need advice

Yah I would just keep giv8ng him food and water. You can try and add some extra fat to the food to try and help him out. Most likely has some type of upper repertory infection which are common in strays. Vet will most likely put him on some antibiotics but getting him tested for feline leukemia and similar is very important for your other cats health

If you have any other cats, keep them away.
Could have Feline Leukemia HIV which is highly contagious.
Thats what I was thinking. If this cat can be trapped he needs to get to the vet immediately. If he's positive he needs to be put down and anything he ate or drank from needs to be thrown away. We had a big one show up last year all snotted up and I felt bad for him. Finally got the wife to tale him to the vet and it was all bad. But it had to be done so as to not jeopardize the other cats in the neighborhood.

I have a "free" dog and cat. The cat is about 15 years old...too tough to die....has had about $1600 in vet bills. The dog has had some dental issues, 3 teeth pulled, I got about $1400 in him.

Ain't no such thing as a "free" pet.

Had a cat years ago that was suspected of having some sort of feline "wasting" disease. Vet sent samples to UGA vet school for lab work, it was free as I recall. They said he was in bad shape, he lived about another 6 years, relatively good shape, then went downhill quick and was dead in a month. RIP.....Bubba Kitty

Thats what I was thinking. If this cat can be trapped he needs to get to the vet immediately. If he's positive he needs to be put down and anything he ate or drank from needs to be thrown away. We had a big one show up last year all snotted up and I felt bad for him. Finally got the wife to tale him to the vet and it was all bad. But it had to be done so as to not jeopardize the other cats in the neighborhood.
Words that cats live by

This is what we found at Walmart and we checked online, the wormer contains the same ingredients for cats also
He had finally come outside and was laying in the middle of the driveway when we got home. my wife had to get out and make him move so I could back up. He seems much more alert now than before, hopefully this silver stuff will help him

Attachments

• 20210404_205223.jpg
    20210404_205223.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom