• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick of such a LACK of HONOR & RESPECT.

remember, we all had zero feedback at one time. give em a chance at least. if they ghost after a deal is done just make sure to neg them.

if i deal with a new/low feedback member, the deal is ALWAYS done within a mile or 2 of my house or work. so that way if they do ghost, im not out that much gas or time.

and never, and i mean never ever, give out your phone number to a newbie until the deal is complete (complete = price and time/date of a meet to do the deal) through the private message system (so you have a record for a negative if needed. word of mouth or screenshots of texts do not count, only the message system here counts). I only use the phone to contact at the meetup so we can find each other in the parking lot or wherever we meet.

the older accounts with no trades, or just a couple, are more than likely members 2nd accounts used for giveaway day to up their chances. and so they can sell that dollar a round 9mm and not bring hate to their main account :behindsofa:

I find it interesting that all the bad stuff on this site is always blamed on newbs but if you go back into old threads you see the exact same rants and claims back when many self proclaimed "o.g.'s" were newbs or had not even joined the site yet
Personally I think this site has a Karen problem

The part I really hate is that a 0-2 can leave negative feedback on a 236-0 because they decide not to sell to them or any various reason the long standing member decided he was not comfortable selling to them.

The part I really hate is that a 0-2 can leave negative feedback on a 236-0 because they decide not to sell to them or any various reason the long standing member decided he was not comfortable selling to them.

IIRC neither party is obligated to buy or sell at the meet.

Noticed many new members with multiple posts in ads trying to buy anything. No rhyme or reason, just wanting anything.
Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, don't it? Reminds me of a gun show i went to in Perry many years ago . Two guys in a black Rover with really dark illegal tint were parked right up close to the gate like they had been there all day. They rolled down the window and asked me as well as the folks behind and in front of me if we had anything ANYTHING for sale. I told them they couldn't buy the sweat off my balls.

ABSOLUTELY - there have been dozens of members I miss dealing with on the ODT that I have known over Many Years who no longer use this site because of exactly that scenario - it is ridiculous to allow this to happen but then I don't make the rules nor police them !

ABSOLUTELY - there have been dozens of members I miss dealing with on the ODT that I have known over Many Years who no longer use this site because of exactly that scenario - it is ridiculous to allow this to happen but then I don't make the rules nor police them !
No feedback under those circumstances would ever hold up.
If someone agrees to the deal but doesn’t show up is one thing, but no one has to buy/trade/sell at the meeting.

Back
Top Bottom