• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick of such a LACK of HONOR & RESPECT.

I respect a decision to meet for a sale or trade like a handshake, and you should never disrespect the weight of a handshake. Circumstances do happen and things fall through, but it should be with ample time to notify the other user so they aren't wasting precious time. Sadly the days of honor and commitment are quickly going away.

Knock on wood because I have been fortunate as everyone I have dealt with has been top notch. I think you can get a good feel for who you are dealing with after a couple of messages/texts/tel calls.

From me NO to a handgun under 21, yes to a long gun if over 18 and under 21.

I'm no lawyer and don't want to break the law - just want to do what is legal and right.

Possession by a Minor (Under 18)

It is unlawful for a minor to possess a handgun or for a person to furnish a handgun to a minor. Georgia Code 16-11-132,

Possession by a Felon

It is unlawful for any person convicted of a felony to possess, receive, or transport any firearm. Georgia Code 16-11-131

Possession by a Minor

A parent or legal guardian may furnish, and a minor may possess, a handgun under the following circumstances:

Attending a hunter education or firearms safety course; engaging in practice or target shooting at an established shooting range authorized by the jurisdiction where it is located;

Engaging in organized competition or practicing for a performance by a group organized under 26 U.S.C. 501 (c)(3); lawful hunting or fishing with the permission of the land owner if, whenever the handgun is loaded, it is carried only in an open and fully exposed manner;

Traveling to and from the above activities if the handgun is not loaded2;

On real property under the control of the minor’s parent, legal guardian or grandparent with the permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian to possess the handgun.

The above do not apply to a minor who has been convicted of a forcible crime or adjudicated delinquent for an offense which would constitute a forcible crime.

JUST FOUND THIS AND NOW I'M SCRATCHING MY HEAD ???
https://www.uslawshield.com/legal-age-to-purchase-possess-firearms-in-georgia/

A "minor" is someone under the are of 18. So if you plug that into all the statutes you quoted you will see that an 18 year old can purchase and own a handgun.

What they cannot go is buy a handgun from an FFL, but that is because the restriction is on the FFL to not sell it, not on the 18 year old.

Bottom line is that there is no restriction of a private seller selling a handgun to a person 18 years or older who is otherwise not prohibited from owning a firearm.

The kicker is that the 18 year old can carry the handgun anywhere in his automobile, but can't carry in an automobile as a passenger.

Here is my big question - I find that we have the availability to "Ignore" a member - my question is; does "Ignore" work the same as "Block" when a person is trying to stop robo phone calls, can I block the members whom are a problem from even contacting me on a posting ?

Yes. If you put someone on your ignore list, they can not send you a PM and if they do post in your ad, you will not see it.
If you really want to go the nuclear route, you can make it so only people you follow can contact you. A bit of a pain to set up, but once you follow your chosen list of "honorable" or "good" members, you're good.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/account/privacy

From me NO to a handgun under 21, yes to a long gun if over 18 and under 21.

I'm no lawyer and don't want to break the law - just want to do what is legal and right.

Possession by a Minor (Under 18)

It is unlawful for a minor to possess a handgun or for a person to furnish a handgun to a minor. Georgia Code 16-11-132,

Possession by a Felon

It is unlawful for any person convicted of a felony to possess, receive, or transport any firearm. Georgia Code 16-11-131

Possession by a Minor

A parent or legal guardian may furnish, and a minor may possess, a handgun under the following circumstances:

Attending a hunter education or firearms safety course; engaging in practice or target shooting at an established shooting range authorized by the jurisdiction where it is located;

Engaging in organized competition or practicing for a performance by a group organized under 26 U.S.C. 501 (c)(3); lawful hunting or fishing with the permission of the land owner if, whenever the handgun is loaded, it is carried only in an open and fully exposed manner;

Traveling to and from the above activities if the handgun is not loaded2;

On real property under the control of the minor’s parent, legal guardian or grandparent with the permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian to possess the handgun.

The above do not apply to a minor who has been convicted of a forcible crime or adjudicated delinquent for an offense which would constitute a forcible crime.

JUST FOUND THIS AND NOW I'M SCRATCHING MY HEAD ???
https://www.uslawshield.com/legal-age-to-purchase-possess-firearms-in-georgia/
Minor is someone UNDER the age of 18

Back
Top Bottom