• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF!

Most of the preppers I know aint gonna post any pics of their stashes. Keeping it out of sight and out of mind is a big part of prepping. But I see what you're getting at. Walmart has cheap 5 gallon buckets with lids that are fine for storing water among other things. They also have square buckets of 48 hr food supplies fit for long term storage on the bulk foods aisle. Last i checked they're $20.00 each. Also consider getting a few cases of Ensure or Boost drinks from the nutritional section. You can get by on those alone for a while and they don't take up much space. Buy dried beens a d put them in air tight containers with a Bay leaf. 1 and 2 liter soda bottles work well for this as long as they're CLEAN and DRY. Same goes for rice.
One thing for sure if your storing alot of food your going to have critters around and they can chew through the plastic and ruin your food.

clean water is a priority. have several ways ready. i've been picking up old pyrex boiler pots since you can use on almost everything hot for boiling. yard sales $1 per piece
I was thinking about buying some LifeStraw. They seem to have great reviews on Amazon. Someone on there tried it on their urine and it didn’t work hahaha

One way to slowly get a stash of mountain house freeze dried is buy a bag or 2 each week at walmart. Around 7-9 dollars depending on what it is. They are in the camping section. TruPrep has a good selection too, but they are so far away from me.

Can't say this for fact. I was told to deep freeze all dry goods for a week before putting them in storage. They said it killed any insect eggs, weevils etc .

Can't say this for fact. I was told to deep freeze all dry goods for a week before putting them in storage. They said it killed any insect eggs, weevils etc .
I’m sure it’ll work, but I was going to use the Mylar bags and deprive it of oxygen with those packs which will eventually kill them.

Back
Top Bottom