• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF!

i have been experimenting with ramen, noodles only, cooked with a can of chicken noodle soup. lots less salt, good carbs kick and flavor. i throw the "flavor salt licks" in a container for the real shtf days or trading
Yeah the beef flavor is the same as a bullion cube. So those could be soup starter or flavoring for beens. I guess the same could be said for the pork flavor. The chicken is the one i just can't do since it seems to be the saltiest.
There's a damn good Japanese place in Brunswick called Seasons of Japan. They make real Ramen there and it's like a whole different thing. If you wind up in Brunswick and want a good lunch quick its in the Target/Lowes shopping center. But yeah the plain noodles are versatile and could replace other bulkier pasta.

Yeah the beef flavor is the same as a bullion cube. So those could be soup starter or flavoring for beens. I guess the same could be said for the pork flavor. The chicken is the one i just can't do since it seems to be the saltiest.
There's a damn good Japanese place in Brunswick called Seasons of Japan. They make real Ramen there and it's like a whole different thing. If you wind up in Brunswick and want a good lunch quick its in the Target/Lowes shopping center. But yeah the plain noodles are versatile and could replace other bulkier pasta.

they are also energy efficient - not needing as much hot water and rehydrate faster.

It was maybe 3 months ago I sold something like 25 or 30 cases of MREs on here and drove up around Conyers or Newnan to meet the guy. He told me he already had about 200 cases. They're handy since its its everything you need in one sealed bag but they take up a lot of space. And i don't think you could carry enough on your back to stay fed for very long.

PXL_20210104_002718968.jpg

Just need hot water .... And takes up minimal space .
Each big tote has 450 servings (3 months)
Small is just a 2 week supply .
25 year shelf life .

View attachment 3010202
Just need hot water .... And takes up minimal space .
Each big tote has 450 servings (3 months)
Small is just a 2 week supply .
25 year shelf life .

i got some of those costco a few years ago. tried them out - taste nice. only downside is they are packaged in family style sizes

Back
Top Bottom