• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF!

I found apple cider on clearance for $2/gallon. Added 5 pounds of brown sugar ($6) and some tap water and a spoonful of yeast from the fridge. It's been bubbling for a few days in my brew pot. Pretty sure I will have a decent cider or if SHTF I could distill it to probably 5 bottles of 100 proof apple brandy

Ft.Knox.jpg

I would not normally share how I stash my stash, but since we are almost family here on ODT...well...ok...!

I just have cases of those tiny little bottles.
Different stuff, always figured they would make good trade fodder.
Figured I'd trade them more than drink them.
They're gonna last forever! ;)

So, I started my long term storage a month or so ago...came across some ideas. There's no "perfect" strategy, just what works for the individual and family.
Everything seems to have a weakness when it comes to storage, very bothersome. Buckets can crack, cand can rust, glass (gee)...and vacuum packaging is great for frozen and "short" term...so I found another route...
I hope it works, milar bags with oxygen absorber. From what I read, when done properly, people say it be good for 50+years, I'd be more than happy with 1/2 that.
They're flat, won't bust open, no need to worry about too much getting into them, easily organizable...
Currently most my dry goods are stored under my bed in totes, being of idahoan roots, I hope to build me a "root cellar" here in georgia...its gonna be a task, but I think I'm up to it.

Attachments

• 20210228_152329.jpg
    20210228_152329.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom