• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF!

That would be a good group forums to get going. Preppers ODT west, east, north, south, metro, central, etc. etc. you could network your excesses and share info on local prepping product deals! For instance I know where to get food grade buckets in bulk for cheap and water purification filters for cheap to make gravity fed water purification systems I sold a few thousand of these at gun shows for years. Buy in bulk and save cash. Hank45

My favorite, as labeled on the can was "Chicken and/or Turkey, boned".
D.D., I'm sure you remember the orange nut cake or the chocolate nut cake. You had to learn how to eat those cakes. You saved your fruit cocktail, ate the fruit then poured the juice over the nutcake. If you tried to eat it dry, it would attempt to exit your body looking like the can it came in!!!

I do remember and we ate them just like you say! USMC (75-82)
I really like those cans of fruit, didn't matter which one, peaches, pears, fruit cocktails, they were always edible.....
(My favorite was Spaghetti and Beef Chunks).

Please everyone post pics of your stashes. Also preferably the coordinates and your general daily work schedule. You know. For science...

Well if it's for science & of course for my fellow ODT members, I have food stashed away all around the country. To help me locate them I have put signs where I plan to collect when things get really bad. Below is just one of the many types that I used so it shouldn't be hard for the rest of you to figure out where to grab some grub if things get real bad.

Just remember, there could be some squatters residing there so handle them like you would any other kind of pest messing around in your food.

SHTF Food Stash House.png

I looked through the posts but didn't see where anybody is preparing to make their own alcohol, for fuel & other uses in emergency. Has this been covered yet! Without any law it should be important

Rather than buying a bunch of stuff we'll never eat, we just bought more of the same thing we already eat and rotate it. If you normally keep 2 cans of soup in the cupboard, buy 24. A lot of our food is canned stuff out of the garden, but we didn't grow some of the stuff that we canned. For example, we bought 100lbs of potatoes at the farmers market and canned them. They are very good and we eat them regularly. Ditto with dried pinto beans. We canned them and eat them regularly. For water, 1 or even 5 gallon storage containers seemed to take up way too much room. I bought a 350 gallon tote. I got it from Facebook Marketplace and it was full of vinegar 3 days before I bought it. I put it in my basement and filled it with the garden hose. I empty and refill it twice per year, that's probably the most wasteful thing I do with my prepping.

Dehydrated hashbrowns takeblittle room, do not need refrigitation, have a shelf life of 2 years, taste great and can be used in soups instead of regular potatoes or used in casseroles, or cooked and mashed.

Back
Top Bottom