• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF!

lmitc09

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   1
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! I am currently in a state of buying bulk food and water for storage. Hopefully it’s not too late to start. Can you guys share photos of your stash?? I need to find a way to keep mine stored! My paranoia is kicking into overtime.

Most of the preppers I know aint gonna post any pics of their stashes. Keeping it out of sight and out of mind is a big part of prepping. But I see what you're getting at. Walmart has cheap 5 gallon buckets with lids that are fine for storing water among other things. They also have square buckets of 48 hr food supplies fit for long term storage on the bulk foods aisle. Last i checked they're $20.00 each. Also consider getting a few cases of Ensure or Boost drinks from the nutritional section. You can get by on those alone for a while and they don't take up much space. Buy dried beens a d put them in air tight containers with a Bay leaf. 1 and 2 liter soda bottles work well for this as long as they're CLEAN and DRY. Same goes for rice.

Most of the preppers I know aint gonna post any pics of their stashes. Keeping it out of sight and out of mind is a big part of prepping. But I see what you're getting at. Walmart has cheap 5 gallon buckets with lids that are fine for storing water among other things. They also have square buckets of 48 hr food supplies fit for long term storage on the bulk foods aisle. Last i checked they're $20.00 each. Also consider getting a few cases of Ensure or Boost drinks from the nutritional section. You can get by on those alone for a while and they don't take up much space. Buy dried beens a d put them in air tight containers with a Bay leaf. 1 and 2 liter soda bottles work well for this as long as they're CLEAN and DRY. Same goes for rice.

yeah, I was afraid you’d say that when I was posting. Thank you for the advice! I’m definitely going to get some of the Boost. Great idea!

Hey guys and gals! I am currently in a state of buying bulk food and water for storage. Hopefully it’s not too late to start. Can you guys share photos of your stash?? I need to find a way to keep mine stored! My paranoia is kicking into overtime.
Five gallon buckets with gamma seal lids are great for rice and beans, coffee, etc. Keep water out of sunlight.

Search the web for pics. Good luck with prepping.

How's this? Thats just the out in the open stuff. Since we're out of room.

Attachments

• 20201129_103616.jpg
    20201129_103616.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 16097144740828795370411176488272.jpg
    16097144740828795370411176488272.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 324
What’s the dates on those

are you worried about the expiration dates on these? I know it won’t matter when it comes down to it...
Most of the time its more of a "Best if used by..." date. But my wife is up to speed and in charge of all that. I'm in charge of getting more shelves and containers. Oh and finding ammo.

Back
Top Bottom