• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF defense’s

Easiest thing to buy up now and lay down later for security is barb wire. You can visit your local Tractor Supply and buy up a few rolls of it for a decent price and just store it in your shed. Nobody would think much if they saw a few rolls of that just stacked aside.

Unroll it out in the yard and let the weeds grow around it, could even plant anything that will poke when people trip. The hose trick poster earlier would work along with it. Also, keep around some 3" nails to tack around window's and criss cross the pattern with the wire, finish by bending the remaining nail head to help secure it.

your absolute best defense is invisibility. you do not want your property to stand out. you do not want people to know you have stocks of anything. if people know what you have, and they are desperate for a meal, they will take what you have...i don't care how many guns you have, i don't care if you live in a castle...the mob will take your stuff. that being said, you only need to remain invisible for several months after a shtf event as the unprepared will die off. until then, you need to look like everything else...no garden, no lights at night, if the neighbors' windows are broken so should yours be, no cooking as you would be surprised how quickly hungry people will smell it, if your neighbors didn't prepare, tough, if you start trying to help them in any way they will eventually come back and take everything (this is a great time for MREs but you can also eat any canned food without heating it)...booby traps, like the treble hooks, are only going to let people know there is something they want inside...booby traps are also illegal, so if society does start functioning again you will be liable.
I totally concur with this...INVISIBILITY is your best defense.

Easiest thing to buy up now and lay down later for security is barb wire. You can visit your local Tractor Supply and buy up a few rolls of it for a decent price and just store it in your shed. Nobody would think much if they saw a few rolls of that just stacked aside.

Unroll it out in the yard and let the weeds grow around it, could even plant anything that will poke when people trip. The hose trick poster earlier would work along with it. Also, keep around some 3" nails to tack around window's and criss cross the pattern with the wire, finish by bending the remaining nail head to help secure it.
And Amazon will ship concertina wire to your door. Not as subtle as barbed wire but definitely effective.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom