• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show Off Your Mountain Bikes

I have a question for you mtn bikers. I raced mtn bikes in the late 80's-90's. I rode a Schwinn Homegrown that I still have, but needs work. I haven't ridden since around 2000 and I really want to get back into it.

What is a good bike for around $1000? Is that even enough for a recreational rider? Would I be better off rebuilding my Homegrown?

Any help would be appreciated.
Troll FB marketplace and you can find some good bikes in the $1000-$1500 range. Go 29er for sure.

0d9b28edaa08aea582ee36a573c9acc6.jpg

And my newest ride, which I am loving. Sb-130
That’s a baaaaaad ride. Can’t wait for my first outing on mine tomorrow AM.

Yeti bke.jpg

My Yeti SB 130. Great bike. I almost bought an Ibis Ripley which are also great bikes. It doesn't matter to me what you ride...just get outside and have fun. This weekend I rode Jake's Mtn on Saturday and Chicapee on Sunday.

Should we start an ODT Mountain Biking Team? The racing wouldn't be that competitive but the after party in the parking lot would be great!

View attachment 2663508

My Yeti SB 130. Great bike. I almost bought an Ibis Ripley which are also great bikes. It doesn't matter to me what you ride...just get outside and have fun. This weekend I rode Jake's Mtn on Saturday and Chicapee on Sunday.

Should we start an ODT Mountain Biking Team? The racing wouldn't be that competitive but the after party in the parking lot would be great!
Just saw your post. I was between the SB130, TB4 or the new Pivot Switchblade. I’m happy with my decision but may swap to the Pivot down the road just to see what it’s all about. An ODT team sounds like a good time. Some ODT mountain bike jerseys would be awesome!

Couple new rides for me. Yeti went full SJW so that bike had to go. Used the Yeti money to fund both of these and still had enough left over to buy lunch.
FB3D1756-DF3A-4DBA-8D6B-1B0445ACE147.jpeg
ED9A0FAD-7D3F-4ACE-AAC0-E4649FF8B433.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom