• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should I trade this gun?

Late to the game but those JM Marlins are sexy and colllectible.
I’d definitely stockpile a reasonable lifetime of ammo if you do the trade.

im still looking for a JM stamped Marlin XLR IN .410.

I have a ruger m77 in 30-06 made in 1971 with red butt pad, tang safety, and iron sights. My buddy offered a trade for his 450 marlin 1895 guide gun with 100 rounds of ammo, which is JM stamped. Would you make this trade? Only reason I’m considering is because I have a narrow 20 acres and if I shoot a deer I want it to go down quickly and not run away. Thanks in advance.
Yes.

Very true statement, I may be jealous just a bit! Have been looking for a marlin in 444,and 450 for a while
recoil is a bear in either of them. and ammo gonna be a problem
True statement on the 444 recoil. Just a note on the ammo, I've got 38 rounds of 444 that I acquired for sale or trade right now, when I looked to see what it was worth I couldn't find any in stock. Midway did have it listed at $3.75 per round though!

For a true hunting rifle, how many rounds do you actually need? Say you use 5 rounds a year to sight your rifle in, and drop 5 deer a year. Thats 10 rounds a year, so that 100 rounds he is giving you would last 10 years presumably. Its not really a plinking rifle, so seems like that would last a good while.

Back
Top Bottom