GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
725184F1-2FB3-48D0-B890-993AD510528F.jpeg

**** EDITED TO ADD:
Date is Sat. 10/23/21.
Time is noon to whenever we finish a couple of rounds-- maybe 1 pm.

LOCATION Will Be ETOWAH VALLEY SPORTING CLAYS on Highway 9, south of Dawsonville Georgia.

https://etowahvalleysportingclays.com/ **********

So, who among us here at ODT would be interested in getting together for a group event involving shooting shotguns at little clay frisbees --using small birdshot only -- at some outdoor trap and skeet range?

At a range located within an hours drive of Atlanta. I'm willing to drive an hour one way. I only shoot sporting shotguns at clay targets once a year, each fall, and I've got the urge to do it again in late September or some weekend in October.

At most ranges, you can bring a home defense type shotgun; it doesn't need to be the classic over/under with a long vent rib and a couple of choke tubes.

And at some ranges you can either operate your own control on the clay-throwing machine or you can ask the trapper to only give you shots that are suitable for the type of shotgun you have -- i.e. closer range shots for cylinder bore guns,
and only "report pairs" * rather than true doubles if you have a pump shotgun.

* "report pair" means only after you have fired the first shot will the trapper push the button to send out the second clay target, so you've got an extra second to pump the shotgun and get ready to make your next shot.

Back
Top Bottom