• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns vs. Clays, Oct. 23

The 5-stand at Tom Lowe
doesn't have frames. Just a concrete sidewalk to stand on, with grass all around you.
9B77BF11-F9BD-41FE-9E08-4FEB1AA5E86C.jpeg

The 5-stand at Tom Lowe
doesn't have frames. Just a concrete sidewalk to stand on, with grass all around you.View attachment 3517003
Both the 5-stand and the "Sporting Clays" course at Tom Lowe have stands.
The pictures above are of the Trap and Skeet fields which of course would not have stands.

The youth teams who practice there rate the 5-stand as a medium in difficulty so it may be challenging for your first time shooting clays. You could always ask the trapper for certain target presentations to suit your shooting preference like Single targets only or Report pair only.

The "Sporting Clays" course is a work in progress :-)

Love me some sporting clays.

Garland is the premier range on the north side. They change their courses just about every month. Keeps it interesting. Great restaurant on site as well

Etowah is okay… closer to me, but I prefer garland - even with double the drive time.

Schedule is **** for the next 6-8 weeks to finish out the USPSA season… but maybe later in the fall I can join.

Home range for me is Big Red Oak with 5 Sporting Clays Courses, 5-Stand, Trap and Skeet.
Too far South for most on ODT and the nearest good restaurant is about an hour away ;-)

Home range for me is Big Red Oak with 5 Sporting Clays Courses, 5-Stand, Trap and Skeet.
Too far South for most on ODT and the nearest good restaurant is about an hour away ;-)

Didn't know BRO had Trap & Skeet--Are they close to "Regulation" set-ups? How are their prices for non-members compared to Tom Lowe?

A dedicated skeet and a dedicated trap field were added a couple of years ago at BRO. They are to the right or up the hill of the pheasant course. The non-member price is 30 cents per target for trap or skeet so the price is the same as Tom Lowe normal rate of $7.50 per round.

The setup is first rate with all new machines, level concrete pads and Promatic release system that can be set to delay. With the per target pricing and the delayed release you won't need a trapper, you can shoot at your own pace or practice targets on a specific station if you don't want to shoot a regulation round.

The Trap targets appear to be set to regulation speed and distance and the Skeet target pairs cross at the center stake. BRO is throwing White Flyers so there is rarely a broken target on these fields. Because of the popularity and variety of Sporting Clays courses at BRO, the Trap and Skeet fields are generally available.

Back
Top Bottom