• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shotgun reloaders, Fiocchi Hull question

draftpick

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
202   1
Reaction score
I was given 500 plus new primed 12 ga Fiocchi 8mm base blue hulls. Would these be ok to load with slugs 525 grs in the 12-1300 FPS range? Not really looking to reload them just a once fire, I'm not set up to reload them, I know they are not great hulls but maybe they could be used once?

I was given 500 plus new primed 12 ga Fiocchi 8mm base blue hulls. Would these be ok to load with slugs 525 grs in the 12-1300 FPS range? Not really looking to reload them just a once fire, I'm not set up to reload them, I know they are not great hulls but maybe they could be used once?
What reloader you using ?

If not you then who ?

I don't know where you got your information on Fiochhi hulls, but they are good hulls to reload. I've reloaded thousands of them. Not as good as a AA in terms of longevity, but a good hull.

They are straight wall hulls, so you have to have the appropriate wad. I used loading data for Federal hulls, which are similar in construction and case capacity. Ballistic Products has slug specific wads.

I don't know where you got your information on Fiochhi hulls, but they are good hulls to reload. I've reloaded thousands of them. Not as good as a AA in terms of longevity, but a good hull.

They are straight wall hulls, so you have to have the appropriate wad. I used loading data for Federal hulls, which are similar in construction and case capacity. Ballistic Products has slug specific wads.

Thank you, my shotshell reloading is little to none, I have been loading pistol and rifle for a while. Wanted to know if any straight wall hull is suitable for a slug provided you have the correct wad for the slug. I am going to use the BPI brush wad, with svarog slug and Longshot powder with a roll crimp, I don’t need much with already primed hulls and roll crimp.

Back
Top Bottom