• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting on your own property in Elbert County

I think as long as you have a backstop you should be fine. I’m in Franklin county on 14 acres. My range it probably 250 from the road. I have a backstop and have had no issues in 25 years. Plus it seems like everytime I start shooting every one around does too. I just try not to shoot early in the morning especially during deer season.

Look for and read your county ordinance. Likely available on line. If not, likely the county commission office. Reading is fundamental, then decide for yourself. Or else, just decide to rely on someone else's opinion. YMMV

What is your zoning? I have a few acres of agricultural zoned property in nearby Wilkes county that I hope to build and live some day and was told by county that no target shooting 150 feet from public access roads and 100 feet from property lines. In addition, I think hunting is 500 feet from any buildings and houses while no target shooting is allowed on residential zoned land without special county permission and letter from neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom