• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shooting on my property.

If you had a piece of land, round in shape, that was 75 acres of area, you could stand in the middle of it and you'd be 1000 feet from anything else.

But if your land was a rectangle, and your backstop was 100 yards from your firing line and both of those things needed to be at least 1000 feet from everything else, every property border, building, structure, road...

... you'd need a minimum of 4.6 million square feet of area, or 106 acres.

Glad we don't have those bs , County ordinances here. I would move. They tried to pass one last year and about 500 people showed up to the County Commissioners meeting and it got squashed real quick.

I thought ga law prevents local or counties from being more restrictive than state law. I use this as my evidence. 16-11-103. As long as someone is 50 yards from any road and do not allow projectiles from leaving said property then all is well. Fact check me someone... I am only shooting suppressed subs.

The State preemption law (found in code section 16 – 11-173) has an exception that lets cities or counties "reasonably" regulate or restrict, or even forbid, the discharge of firearms in their jurisdiction.

Since local governments are allowed to ban recreational shooting, I don't know what the word "reasonable" means as a modifier of the word "restriction."

Honestly if you have 1/3 of an acre, that's a yard. Many subdivisions in very populated areas have yards this big. I don't know your layout and the surrounding area but you might be in an area where shooting in your backyard does pose a hazard. I think my yard is that big, but do t think it would be appropriate to shoot in my back yard even with a suppressor and I don't live in a city. Why would you think making your neighbors hate you is a good thing. I own some property that I shoot on, if I go shoot my MG I'll tell the guy who lives next to the land I'll be shooting some machine guns. I have 40 acres and he is on 80. It not flat land and both parcels are filled with trees it would be almost impossible to to hit something on his land. I tell him because its respectful

If , indeed, counties and local municipalities are so ‘strong’ as far as being restrictive....does that mean they are also allowed to go to the other extreme ? Say, permit the freedom to shoot on xxx amount of land if certain parameters were outlined? I think it would be easier to get a local or a county to pass than it would to get state to pass a law.

If , indeed, counties and local municipalities are so ‘strong’ as far as being restrictive....does that mean they are also allowed to go to the other extreme ? Say, permit the freedom to shoot on xxx amount of land if certain parameters were outlined? I think it would be easier to get a local or a county to pass than it would to get state to pass a law.

yes. That's what most counties do that have such regulatations. Municipalities tend to prohibit the discharge of firearms in the city limits other than for self defense.

1/3 acre? Legal or not (likely not), I think you're asking for trouble doing that.

I'm on over 3 and my neighbor is over 2. While it is legal on certain parts of our property to shoot, we don't do recreational. And if we do, we keep it quiet. Too many liberals, too many anti-gun, too many law enforcement rooks don't know the law.

Go to a shooting range.
Better yet, join a hunt club like I did a decade ago. 2000+ acres to do whatever the F we want (except during deer season).

Just my 2 peso's...............

Can you say settle out of court for a big paycheck? Well regulated is covered and protected by the 2nd amendment. Both federal and Georgia. Regulated, for those who may not know is knowing how to shoot, clean, operate, and maintain their weapons. Knowledge is power. Pass it on. Over...

Back
Top Bottom