• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping Gun Parts to Canada

Swab

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever ship gun parts/accessories to Canada? I have something listed on eBay and a buyer in Canada is asking if I will ship it there. I told him no but the question sparked some curiosity. It’s just a rifle stock but it appears anything over $100 is subject to export rules.

Sound like a pita

Q5. I want to buy parts in the US for my firearm and import them into Canada.

A5. The US controls on the export of firearms extends to parts also. For small orders worth less than US$100.00 the US Department of State allows an exemption from the export licence. This exemption, however, does not cover ‘significant’ parts which includes; barrels, slides, cylinders, bolts, frames and receivers. It should be noted that there is no equivalent exemption offered by the Department of Commerce for shotgun parts. Further, there is no exemption for ammunition or ammunition components. Canadian importers should follow the procedure outlined in Q1 (above) to import parts not exempted.

https://www.international.gc.ca/con...armes_a_feu/other-autres/faq.aspx?lang=eng#n5

I've sold gun parts on eBay several times, and EACH AND EVERY TIME I get people from outside the USA begging me to ship to them, despite me stating in every listing that I'll only ship to USA addresses (and NOT freight forwarders). So much foreign attention on my gun parts listings always made me super nervous and I don't really care if it's "technically" legal. It was never worth it to me to be all worried up about it, even if unfounded.

Back
Top Bottom