• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

She is 19 years old now

I had a forty foot tall weeping cherry at my old house, was gorgeous. When I married and sold the house the wife planted one in front of the house, never really grew but the crawl space started leaking. When I went to repair the leaks I discovered two roots about 8 inches across running alongside the footings of the house sucking water from where the flowers got watered.these were a good 25 feet from the tree. I had to cut them and drag them out with my ram charger. Neighbor called a couple of days later and asked what I was going to do with the poles in my yard. Anyone planting one of these better make sure they have a good water source!

I had a forty foot tall weeping cherry at my old house, was gorgeous. When I married and sold the house the wife planted one in front of the house, never really grew but the crawl space started leaking. When I went to repair the leaks I discovered two roots about 8 inches across running alongside the footings of the house sucking water from where the flowers got watered.these were a good 25 feet from the tree. I had to cut them and drag them out with my ram charger. Neighbor called a couple of days later and asked what I was going to do with the poles in my yard. Anyone planting one of these better make sure they have a good water source!

On my Mountain their was a tree on Chatsworth hwy on the way up to the house, that one was growing in his front yard..Very Impressive and taller than the house, he must have had someone trimming it for years..When it bloomed it was a work of art, I wish I had taken pic's..It has been taken down for several years now, but it was beautiful covered the house like a monster umbrella..

Yep, the 40 footer in the back did that, kids loved running and grabbing the low limbs almost like a rope. Super old small house not worth a lot at the time. Real estate agent commented that the tree like that would add another $10000 to a house in the right neighborhood. Rare to see those so big you can't reach around and 40 foot.

Back
Top Bottom