• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shadow Systems MR920

Tactical Mad Dawg

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
191   0
Reaction score
Was looking at getting a Zev OZ 9c, but they are little too pricey for me. My question can anyone tell me if the grip on the Shadow Systems are close enough to the OZ9 that I wouldn’t really be able to tell a big difference? The beaver tails look similar and the grip angle looks very close. Not been able to hold both to compare side by side. Any info would be appreciated as I’m in the market for either, but would love to save money if possible. Thanks

The grip angle is determined by which backstrap you use on the MR920. There is one similar to a 1911, one to a M&P, and one similar to a Glock, all three ship with the gun. I have played with the OZ9 but not side by side with the MR920 to tell you how similar the grips are. With that being said, there is virtually zero chance you are disappointed with a MR920. They are outstanding, flat shooters and are dead nuts reliable.

I have considered getting one of these to try out. I have a few Zev Glocks that I really like. I am also confused because members say the Shadow is the one to have and everything has been done, but there listed here FS/FT for a standard Glock?

Oh, and I missed my chance on getting a good deal on the OZ9. Wish I did so I could try it.

While the Zev OZ9 is a good shooting gun at that price point I will get a 1911.

The MR920 I like so much I have two of them.
I have to really really like a firearm for me to have multiples.

For me Shadow Systems has fixed Glock grip angles in a factory gun at the price point of a new Glock + trigger, sights and threaded barrel if you need that model.

I now look for the recessed gas pedal indentation on my other pistols, missing it when it isn't there.

There is a DR920 as well, it is the Duty sized model like a Glock 17.

I will add the trigger is not a target trigger and you don't want a competition trigger on a carry pistol.
The trigger breaks in nicely after you shoot a few boxes of ammo.

While the Zev OZ9 is a good shooting gun at that price point I will get a 1911.

The MR920 I like so much I have two of them.
I have to really really like a firearm for me to have multiples.

For me Shadow Systems has fixed Glock grip angles in a factory gun at the price point of a new Glock + trigger, sights and threaded barrel if you need that model.

I now look for the recessed gas pedal indentation on my other pistols, missing it when it isn't there.

There is a DR920 as well, it is the Duty sized model like a Glock 17.

I will add the trigger is not a target trigger and you don't want a competition trigger on a carry pistol.
The trigger breaks in nicely after you shoot a few boxes of ammo.
I have the MR920, DR920 and MR920L, the trigger on the DR920 is improved. I believe it's better than my MR920 even though that one has several thousand rounds through it. There is a slight difference in the frame housing for the trigger on the DR920 that allows it to be smoother before any break in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Good to know Burdy, I have one on order.

I like having the slight wall before the break without the Glock spongie feel.

I recommend four guns to people when they ask me about buying a 9mm:
Shadow Systems MR920
H&K VP 9
Canik TP9
S&W M&P

There is a gun that should meet most budgets/roles in that list.

Back
Top Bottom