• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Service station scam.....

deller

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
So..... I had just finished pumping gas in my car. A white male, late 40's or early 50's pulls into the pumps as if he's about to put gas in his car. Gets out and walks over to me saying I like that Lincoln. ( my hand is in my right pocket riding the safety on a P938) I responded I like it to.

He then starts telling me he's ex military and going into Grady Hospital tomorrow for open heart surgery. He even unbuttoned his shirt to show me his bare chest. ( no surgical scars present)
Then he pulls out what appears to be a GA drivers license to show me his name.

His story...his son had wired him money to help with medical expenses but mistakenly put 2 C's in his last name rather than one. So.....he couldn't pick up the funds.

He wanted to continue with his spill but I was bored with the game at that point.

So I told him....
A. It's sad your son can't spell his own last name....
B. I'm a former Police officer. ...
C.Let's call a patrol unit and see if they can help you.

He moved pretty good after that for a guy having open heart surgery tomorrow. Didn't even put gas in his car.

In such cases I always ask the person if they are a veteran. They almost always say "Yes".

I then ask "what branch?"

They almost always say "army"

I then ask "What's your third General Order?"

They almost always (90%) walk away.

I like your response better.

In such cases I always ask the person if they are a veteran. They almost always say "Yes".

I then ask "what branch?"

They almost always say "army"

I then ask "What's your third General Order?"

They almost always (90%) walk away.

I like your response better.
I’m an Army infantryman. I couldn’t tell you the first general order much less the third. Hell 29 years out.

I’ve had the exact same guy do that to me at a racetrack in canton. About a year or so ago. If I remember correctly it was a newer red or burgundy car he was driving. I ended up giving him 5 bucks just to go. I knew it was bs

I’ve had the exact same guy do that to me at a racetrack in canton. About a year or so ago. If I remember correctly it was a newer red or burgundy car he was driving. I ended up giving him 5 bucks just to go. I knew it was bs

Compact Burgundy car.

Back
Top Bottom