• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious Question . . . Holosun 503CU

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
I just got mine in the mail today.
I saw one on an acquaintances rifle and loved the sight picture.
That was indoors.
I have not mounted it yet, but put battery in and looked through it and noticed immediately there is a real problem in a sunny area (looking out the window). Dot disappears so in effect you have no sight.
Have never used a red dot before, but realized this may be a common problem.
I know a lot of them are in use.
How do you master shooters use one all the time? Is there a solution?

Thanks.

You found a common problem with budget Chinese optics. Mil grade optics will be bright enough to see the dot pointing it at the sun. Most of the Chinese optics will not.
Indoors they look just as good as an aimpoint.

Thanks, I had already switched it to manual mode. Will try to adjust the brightness tomorrow in the sun.
If not good enough, will send it back. I do like the circle dot.
I know there are much better options, but I am not a competition shooter and hunter so hard to justify that kind of money.
I just want something that I can see good and lightweight. Have always used iron sights but eyes are getting old.

Thanks, I had already switched it to manual mode. Will try to adjust the brightness tomorrow in the sun.
If not good enough, will send it back. I do like the circle dot.
I know there are much better options, but I am not a competition shooter and hunter so hard to justify that kind of money.
I just want something that I can see good and lightweight. Have always used iron sights but eyes are getting old.
I had the same problem with a 510c, circle dot washing out in bright sunlight, figured out it was operating on solar only for power. Once I got the battery power to engage, I was able to adjust to max brightness, no issues with dot washout after that.

Back
Top Bottom