• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Selling timber

womsterr

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
18   0
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure how much 10 or 20 acres of planted pine might be worth? It is still young. 13 years but i think 20 yo pine is ideal.

Any ideal on value? How do i get a quote on what it would be worth? Who would one call?

I am being told that is is worth as much as $400 per tree and maybe 150-200 trees per acre? That seems like an awful lot...

I can't help I do know you would have to pay tax on such timber

I think a timber yard (plant) could answer what the going rate is

- - - Updated - - -

rates change a lot just like metal scrape yards do and condition of the trees and size

Call F&W forestry services or other like companys ,and have someone cruise it . Taxes suck ,and most of the time check has to go straight to the bank if money is owed on it .

Even the biggest trees in a 13 year old planted pine stand is questionable if it would make the mill's specs for pulpwood. Most time stands are thinned the 1st time at 18 to 20 years old. ( depending on species and site index )

You might get approx 400 dollars per acre off a light 1st thinning in a few more years, but 400 per tree is not realistic. Georgia forestry commission has a website and resources to help private landowners. I'm of the opinion you're not ready to harvest though.

Back
Top Bottom