• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers not wanting to ship

I ve done a few deals and met a lot of folks.Some I would ship it to em and let em check it out. Noobs get none of those benefits they gonna pay them dues. Shoot I have financed with some had some finance with me. This use to be a site where trust and a mans word was paramount then the ****birds showed up.

He's talking about non firearms.

I've driven across the state for a gun. But if it's a knife or Magpul accessories, I'm not running two hours round trip for something under $40 that can be mailed.
That’s fine, but why all the bitching? I’m sure if it’s here it can be found locally.

The only way I ship is if someone sends me cash in an envelope. I'll send cash to have something shipped as well. I don't believe electronic payments are safe or secure.

The other side is buyers wanting free shipping. A flat rate small box is now $8.30 a medium is over $15. I am willing to ship and have shipped all sorts of stuff. It is hard to justify it on ammo and Fedex is cheaper than UPS by a hair.
Flat rate is up to 70lbs and they got a box that will fit it, and don’t ask questions

I offer to split shipping or in some instances include shipping,it doesnt matter some folks gonna whine if you give it to em.
I try to factor it in but you are right. People want stuff for a steal.

i used to think shipping was more hassle than a meet, i was all kinds of ****ed up in the head with that nonsense. shippin is the way to go
None of that showing up and going “well I only brought this much with me” hoping you’ll come down more

finding a box is the hard part oh my
Not even, printing a label is harder. Boxes can just show up.

I use to think shipping was a royal pain in the ass till I actually did it and looked into it a little. The at home pick up I only learned about due to the wife’s immune system and covid certainly killing her If she gets it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ve done a few deals and met a lot of folks.Some I would ship it to em and let em check it out. Noobs get none of those benefits they gonna pay them dues. Shoot I have financed with some had some finance with me. This use to be a site where trust and a mans word was paramount then the ****birds showed up.
That’s how it should be. A handshake and a gentleman’s agreement isn’t what it used to be unfortunately.

None of that showing up and going “well I only brought this much with me” hoping you’ll come down more[/QUOTE said:
I have never had that happen and it if does, Im hurting somebody's feelings. There is no excuse not to come prepared to buy at the agreed price.

Amen

I sell here because I don't need to ship. If I wanted to ship I would sell on an auction site. But If I can drop it in a flat rate box I wouldn't mind shipping.

Back
Top Bottom