• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers not wanting to ship

I'd rather deal in person if the distance wasn't that far. I'd consider shipping a rifle, but my concern is the possibility of the buyer saying it got damaged or wasn't as described and is now asking for a big discount. Once it ships I don't know what's happened to it, even though it was in excellent shape when it was packaged. Driving eliminates that possibility or of it getting "lost" by the post office.

Just curious why sellers on here are not willing to ship if the buyer offers to pay for shipping. Just seems like I have lost a lot of items because people are not willing to ship.
Because a bunch of scared little old men who hold their wives purses when they're shopping are the sellers.

I’ve convinced a few guys to ship who’s ad stated not willing to ship. If they don’t budge I move on. I use to not be willing to ship but when I finally did I noticed I sold things quicker.

I’ve bought and sold and actually used to work at eBay a long time ago. As soon as I was employed there, I immediately closed my seller account after hearing what recipients of items fraudulently concoct and leave the seller out their money, item and shipping cost.

Will I ship something? Preferably not -I’d prefer you inspect the item in person but if you’re adamant then I expect you will ask the questions you need to, get all the pictures you want and if you’re 100% at that point then we both have an understanding that the deal is closed when the payment is made and tracking is generated. If the carrier screws up, I will aid in helping to file a claim but I’m not ever going to be left holding an empty bag.

Additionally it goes both ways. I pride myself in honoring my word and good intentions and always will. But, if you’re willing to fork over money to someone you don’t actually know, provide your personal information, and hope they do the right thing and ship the actual item, just understand at some point you’re going to have a bad experience.

I deal a lot with motorcycle parts. If I don’t need something I can usually find a buyer on Instagram and they pay Venmo or PayPal Friends and Family. I actually sold a bike to someone in California. Never met the guy but he sent me the money. Crazy because a less than honest person could have just ghosted and never looked back. Unfortunately, there’s always...... always a post from someone that bought a part or even a whole damn bike from someone else and learned an expensive lesson. I’d like to think everyone would do the right thing but it’s naïve to take that as truth.

Back
Top Bottom