• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sell your AR you have been holding

For all the flaming that has occurred over my posts, I don't know what made that post any different. My original thread began as suggestions to sellers on how to sell their AR and the reasons for it.

Not to embarrass any poster, but let me copy and paste a couple of ads:

1) Item Description: Up for grabs is a barely used factory built PSA Freedom AR-15 with a bunch of upgrades (listed below). Only 100 rounds through it for zeroing and function checking, then cleaned and put away.

Upgrades
* BCMGunfighter Stock Mod 0 - $50
* Quad Rail (Can't remember brand, but it's super solid) - $30
* LaRue Tactical Rail Covers - $20
* Primary Arms SLx Advanced Red Dot (Lower 1/3) - $130
* Primary Arms 3x LER Magnifier Gen 4 - $100
* Primary Arms Flip to Side Magnifier Mount - $45
* Magpul MOE+ Pistol Grip - $25
* Vertical Grip - $25
* O-Light PL2 Valkrie (1200 Lumen) - $100

Total Upgrades: $525

Also Comes with 6 Mags (2 x 30 Round Magpul, 3 X 30 Round GI Mags, and 1 X 20 Round Magpul) +200 Rounds of ammo included.

PSA Freedom Rifle
Barrel:
Chrome Moly steel. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system. Barrel is is finished off with a standard handguard, F-Marked gas sight base, and A2 flash hider.

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is machined to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized. Uppers include forward assist and dust cover. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer.

Bolt: Full-auto profile bolt carrier group. Shot-peened, mil-spec Carpenter No. 158® steel bolt. Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications, Fastened with Grade 8 screws, and Staked Per Mil-Spec. 8620 steel M-16 profile carrier is chrome lined and phosphate coated.

Lower: These forged lowers are quality made using 7075-T6 aluminum and are marked "MULTI" for caliber. Finish is hardcoat anodize.. Mil-spec diameter 7075-T6 buffer tube is hardcoat anodized, has 6 adjustment positions, is fitted with a PSA M4 Carbine Stock. The the fire control group is a PSA mil-spec finished, single-stage assembly.

2) Item Description: LWRC M6-SPR Piston 5.56 M4/AR-15

*** No Trades ***

Great lightweight AR platform
Piston Driven
Magpul Hardware (Miad Grip, ACS Stock, Magpul Angled Foregrip)
LWRC flip-up BUIS
Tactical Link B.A.D. lever installed
AAC Flash Suppresor

Also includes:
Tactical Link single-point sling
2 Magpul 30rd mags with windows
Case

Can you guess which one carries a $2000 price tag? Which one is not fully described for a potential buyer. Here is an example of being told of what you're getting:

Item Description: M&P Sport 2
Vg6 Epsilon Muzzle Break
Vg6 CAGE Device
BCM 1/7 Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
BCM Low Profile Gasblock
F4 Defense Handguard
SRC Reliabolt BCG
Lunar Concepts Sling
EoTech 1-6x w/box and docs
EoTech 30mm Mount

Now here is an actual ad:

Item Description: BCM Jack Carbine

All of these descriptive ads were gleaned from ODT. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to buy or not buy. The better you describe what you have and the features, the more likely you are to find a potential buyer. The only criticism I have of the sellers is not saying whether or not a barrel is chrome lined. Except for that last description.

TRANSLATION:

I still don't understand why I keep getting the same result over and over, so let me try the exact same thing again and see if the 7th time is the charm.

Dude, just let it go.

think I may list 2 of my PSA Ar 15's for $560 or more and (i have to say it) test the waters:fish2:

after doing some research here, I've found on good authority that
"PSA was just as good as Colt, BCM, LMT"
and
"PSA stuff is top quality"

good stuff for the description

I may have to re-think my pricing

TRANSLATION:

I still don't understand why I keep getting the same result over and over, so let me try the exact same thing again and see if the 7th time is the charm.

Dude, just let it go.

Not everybody is whining. I'm doing pretty good in PMs. Some people don't want to argue with those of you who think they hold a monopoly on all understanding and those whose hobby is trolling. I'm done - unless I have to defend myself against any more unwarranted attacks / trolls. So, we can all "let it go."

Not everybody is whining. I'm doing pretty good in PMs. Some people don't want to argue with those of you who think they hold a monopoly on all understanding and those whose hobby is trolling. I'm done - unless I have to defend myself against any more unwarranted attacks / trolls. So, we can all "let it go."

For the record, I wasnt trolling. I was however poking a little fun at the amount of heat you got in other threads. I enjoy reading your perspective on ARs. I have all three you've described. High end customs built from the ground up by reputable smiths, medium grade, and "low" grade. I enjoy shooting my "low" grade AR just as much as my others. Its accurate and reliable, so I dont care about its cheaper price.

So the guy who has to keep prefacing his posts with, "Every time I post the following I get flamed for it"... and then proceeds to post that same thing over and over, and then complain how he keeps getting flamed... that guy is the one accusing others of trolling?

Fascinating... LOL

Back
Top Bottom