• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Self-defense against Florida panthers

You won't have a lot of time to shoot it so you'd want whatever you can get your hands on in a split second and hope for a good shot.

If a panther wants to make you it's meal, you won't know it's there. I haven't heard of a lot of attack stories where the victim was ready for it. You can be like the one guy who fought one off bare handed and choked it out.

if its anything like a dog their very bad at grappling cause of their short arms, and legs so worst case if your attacked shoot your screwed but ill try to get its back start choking it if unarmed or stab it, that being said maybe dont go into wooded unpopulated ares without a rifle?

You won't have a lot of time to shoot it so you'd want whatever you can get your hands on in a split second and hope for a good shot.

If a panther wants to make you it's meal, you won't know it's there. I haven't heard of a lot of attack stories where the victim was ready for it. You can be like the one guy who fought one off bare handed and choked it out.
I would think you would definitely have to try a rear naked choke them claws don't like fun to do any other choke from the front like a guillotine

Gosh! What did all the other victims of cougar attacks in GA use?
Let's review the circumstances of those attacks and assess what happened.
Last time I got attacked by a cougar in Georgia, I baited her with Vodka & Cranberry Juice, and a Rod Stuart album

I lived in Florida a few years back and saw a lot of crazy things but never a panther. One day I was working outside on a job close to Canaveral when I hear a lot of screaming and yelling. Blood curdling screams, women screaming and men yelling. I ran towards the uproar and see a huge bulldog and a crowd around it. I thought it had attacked someone and I reached in my pocket for the only weapon I had...a big hawkbill folder. Once on the scene it wasn't a person the bulldog had hold of it was a little teacup chawawa. Both dogs were leashed and the chawawa's leash and the chawawa was barely visible in the bulldogs mouth. I thought about using the hawkbill to rip open the bulldogs throat but being the rich part of town I knew that would be a big mistake. So I didn't open the knife but held it so I could hit the dog's head with the end. Bam, I hit his head. He didn't let go. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM I thought for sure those licks were hard enough to break any skull. Finally he drops that chawawa the owner lady grabbed up her screaming little bit and I haul butt away because I don't want to face the music about the bulldogs head. A few days later a delivery came for me. A huge bunch of flowers from the chawawa dog's lady with a thank you card and a note saying little baby was ok. And far as I know the bulldog survived too. I really liked Florida, there was always something going on. Manatees, porpoises, sharks, eagles, cops pulling bales from the water, woodpeckers destroying rich people's homes, eagles, alligators, idiots that sink their boat trying to put it on a trailer, rockets going up. I miss all that. But I like my Georgia home in the woods better than all that.

Back
Top Bottom