• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Seeking active employment

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
about two months ago I left my old employer of 10 years as a paralegal in a family law and criminal law firm. I then got on my motorcycle and rode across the country to the west coast via the transamerican trail. Had so much fun, that I rode back across the country via backroads. All told, I enjoyed living very simply for almost two months.

Now that I am home, I am looking for opportunities that will allow me to be more active in my employ. While I understand that virtually all jobs now require a computer or desk time to some degree, I am seeking a more hands on fit.

I am generally handy with experience, some more than others, in a wide variety of matters including automotive and motorcycle repair, air conditioning repair, networking and computer troubleshooting, general landscaping and residential property maintenance, sales, office environments, electrical, etc. I am detail oriented, work well alone or in a team and will absolutely finish something I start.

I really do not know what I want to get in to now and I am very blessed to be unemployed voluntarily at this time until I can hopefully find something that fits. I am open to any suggestions or possible employment opportunities part time, full time or contractual.

I know the odt has folks from all professions so I am looking to you for any suggestions or opportunities. Thank you in advance!

Cool trip!

Like working with your hands and mind, I'd suggest the skilled trades such as HVAC and electrical. the service side requires more varied skills and problem solving skills usually (sorry construction guys).

Plenty of work with all the new big projects going on in construction.

Considerations include residential or commercial work and union vs non union.

Back
Top Bottom