• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Security system

Spikey

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
149   0
Reaction score
I need to find an inexpensive remote security system. I’ve an out building 100 feet from my house. No phone but it has electric. Need it to call my cell phone , make noise and a flashing light when it goes off. Thanks if anyone can help .

Buy an X10 wireless motion sensor for $20 or so, the receiver and an X10 switch module for your remote light. That takes care of the light, well, it won't flash but it will turn on.

Buy a Simtek Duo for alerting you via phone. They work great.

Or forget the light and just buy the Simtek Duo.

Gonna try to get my Google Fu on. I suck at the internet. Almost 70 so it’s not gonna get any better. Thanks for the info !!! Off to eBay later !

Seemingly so... the outage that wasn't posted on their web page yesterday. No idea about Fakebook and Twitter and services I don't use.

The one here in Atlanta did just alert when I opened the drawer this morning, though it took several minutes. It would not alert last night. The two I left in Texas weren't working, and I have no way to test them now. Will update in a month when I'm back out there.

They claim the outage lasted 15 hours, in an email to me. But I had some trouble last year too, that they claim wasn't the server. It cleared up too, after a time.

If he bought it last year then it might be a little late to pull your endorsement now....LOL
True, but it was working at the time! Things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom