• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SEC expansion

IMO expanding with these two teams does 2 things.
1. It increases TV dollars drastically. SEC is gonna win every ratings battle for the rest of forever.
2. The Playoff is expanding to 12 teams. With the brand recognition of like 9 of these teams. The SEC is gonna get 4+ teams in every year on strength of schedule alone.

Remember SEC has a revenue sharing agreement. Those would have been better than A&M and Mizzou and better for all schools.

The Longhorn TV rights are always a big sticking point though and unless things have drastically changed, I don't see Texas giving any of that up so won't happen.

PS - Texas A&M AD Ross Bjork is a dick head. He'll try to block Texas joining at all costs. F' that guy.

Reports now are that it’s all but official. Texas and Oklahoma are coming. Other reports say this has been in the works for up to 6 months and that A&M representatives were left out of discussions and didn’t know about this till the story broke

Rumor is there will be a geographic realignment with possible 4 team pod format (N, S, E, W)

Interested to see what was negotiated with Longhorn TV.

And I'll repeat f' Ross Bjork and the TAMU reps. I don't have anything against the school but anything that upsets him/Jimbo I'm cool with.

Rumor is there will be a geographic realignment with possible 4 team pod format (N, S, E, W)

Interested to see what was negotiated with Longhorn TV.

And I'll repeat f' Ross Bjork and the TAMU reps. I don't have anything against the school but anything that upsets him/Jimbo I'm cool with.

haven’t heard or seen anything about what’s gonna happen with the Longhorn network. My guess is it goes to way of the Dodo

I've got zero interest in any more adding teams or shaking up the current East/West divisions. That said I have zero say in it.
If I was able to pick one thing to change...
Mizzou should absolutely go - matter of fact they should just dissolve the whole sorry university "Social Justice U". Anyone can fill in their place. I'd promote NC State ahead of Mizzou into the SEC based on their baseball performance this year alone.

I've got zero interest in any more adding teams or shaking up the current East/West divisions. That said I have zero say in it.
If I was able to pick one thing to change...
Mizzou should absolutely go - matter of fact they should just dissolve the whole sorry university "Social Justice U". Anyone can fill in their place. I'd promote NC State ahead of Mizzou into the SEC based on their baseball performance this year alone.
Might wanta keep mizzu.. that’s one team y’all might beat

Back
Top Bottom