• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

searching for trophy club for 2018

ronald tucker

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a true trophy club with minimum requirements of 140" for 2018
I am in a club now that has been QDM for many years. It has 130" minimum with a stiff fine if something doesn't meet the requirements.
I am looking for a club that has a proven record of consistently taking quality deer each year.
I don't want hogs on the property.
I would like a camp that has electricity and running water.

Gonna have to be thousands of acres to consistently grow antlers that size. Lots of "if it's brown it's down" hunters in this state.........

Gonna have to be thousands of acres to consistently grow antlers that size. Lots of "if it's brown it's down" hunters in this state.........

I agree to some extent about the acreage the more the better. But if the surrounding clubs are similar to that you can hold quality deer with good food,good bedding and minimal pressure. I know this sound like a pipe dream to a lot of you.. but it can be achieved. I've shot 3 within the past few years with the smallest scoring 141.

I absolutely know there are clubs out there you speak of. I just can't afford that type of membership so I'm stuck with timber leases and surrounding hunters to practice a minimal QDM. Your definitely going to have to travel to find one.

We have some solid 150 and 160 deer on camera. We are on a timber lease. The problem is, all the clubs around you will shoot any and everything. Our 750 acres can not be managed without he property around us managing too. If you find a club like that, I’d be happy to pay to get in it. I don’t hunt for meat, I hunt for trophy.

Back
Top Bottom