• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

screw adt security

cjnowell72

Wolf Icon Supporter
Radar
260   0
Reaction score
never had a signed contract with them but yet they have managed to send me to collections for $800. never had the come to my house. that cant show me a signed contract. People on the phone dont give a ****. **** adt security all the way.

Is it a scam?

I had to write a letter to a collections agency once about a toll ticket I got in NYC. I denied being there and everything and threated them with a lawyer and never heard anything else again.

This could also be some kind of scam?

Both my younger son and I had service with Ackerman…. I liked ‘em because they were a local business, had good service/pricing and there was no service contract…. when it was announced ADT was buying ‘em out, I bailed and changed to EMC Security right before the transfer. My son didn’t until about a month or so after that when he bought another house and moved. He had no contract with Ackerman or ADT and owned the equipment that was in the house he sold (it was already installed when he moved in) yet ADT billed him for over $500 for cancelling! The people in “customer NO-service” were adamant, saying he owed them $$$ yet couldn’t provide one piece of paper or document he had signed… he finally said, “fine, sue me and we’ll meet in court!”

That was the end of that!…. glad I bailed while it was still Ackerman…. the folks at EMC Security are far better; more like it was with Ackerman and they bill me through Walton EMC who carries my natural gas service!

Good luck…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom