• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SCOTUS ruling on gun seizures

This is an interesting statement. “It would have written the Second Amendment phrase “the right of the people to keep and bear arms” in such a way as to make it conditional on the subjective judgment of government officials that allowing you to do so was not unreasonable.”
It was worse than that. It wasn't only elected government officials; it involved police operating on their own volition in determining they had the right to lie to/mislead the wife and then seize weapons without any warrant whatsoever. Had they their way, they'd extend those kinds of "community protection" takings to doctors, neighbors, or any manner of person(s) whose provenance and applicability wrt Constitutional rights are suspect at the best.

9-0? :shocked: I wonder what the other hand is doing?.....:tinfoil3:
I tried to think WHY those leftists on the court would do this. It certainly is out of character for them. My only possible assumption is that there's an aspect of this that they're afraid of - the "community caretaker" function. Are they afraid that it could also be applied to some other Constitutional right they want to protect? The First Amendment for the "press?" Vaccinations? Who knows at this point. But it is suspicious..

Folks, unfortunately many police officers lie, they just love to lie to make their case. Read this again:
“For purposes of the case, the Court accepted as true that the police had misled Mrs. Caniglia with regard to their intentions, and that her consent and assistance in seizing the firearms was not voluntary.”

Back
Top Bottom