• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scotch Whiskey Suggestions.

I’ve tried all the cheaper stuff through the years, but I have developed a more refined taste. Price while while a limit isn’t as important as quality, I’ll do without before going back to the cheaper stuff. (My head feels better the next day. LOL)
I started in the mid 90s with Cutty and i didn't like Scotch the first 2 or 3 times I tried it. But then one day something clicked and I couldn't wait to get some on ice. I moved up to Dewars and then Chivas . Chivas and JW Black are still as good as any to me. But if somebody else is buying would I take Glenlivet or Glenfiddich? Hell yeah.

9BC9D6F7-D729-474B-B1CB-317533B205D8.jpeg

This and fogetaboutit.

I'm usually more of a bourbon drinker but Scotch is beginning to grow on me. This is my favorite bottle so far. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. It's a little darker and richer than most other scotches that I have tried and it won't break the bank at $50. It's also 90 proof which it is the bare minimum for me. (now that I'm used to top-shelf Bourbon anything less and I can't even taste the alcohol)

Glenmorangie_Quinta_Ruban_14_y_o_960x.jpg

Scotch does have more complex flavor than bourbon but I don't enjoy the lighter kinds. Most of them are only 80 proof which just tastes like smokey water to me

My father was an avid Scotch guy (miss that man!), he always said glenlevet 18, always single malt and anything under 18 is a minor...... always had Glenlevet 18 on hand periodically 25.........
View attachment 3159915
Gonna try this. Damn stuff better be good...

Back
Top Bottom