• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on rechargeable batteries for weapon lights & IR illuminators

They should be real close. Your variemces you'll have are with flat top or button top, and protected 18650s are longer due to the added circuitry.

This pic shows the difference in length of the ones I have. I already had several of the brown ones before I bought either light, so assumed I had plenty of spares. Then realized the brown ones are too short for streamlights.

The longer nitecore battery works in the streamlight, but the shorter brown ones do not. They both work in my nitecore light.

20210623_225901.jpg

This pic shows the difference in length of the ones I have. I already had several of the brown ones before I bought either light, so assumed I had plenty of spares. Then realized the brown ones are too short for streamlights.

The longer nitecore battery works in the streamlight, but the shorter brown ones do not. They both work in my nitecore light.

View attachment 3324255
I think that Nitecore is a protected cell, the brown one isn't. So your stream light probably doesn't have low voltage cutoff protection, so that's why they run the longer protected cells or 2 x cr123 because you can run them all the way down.

I think that Nitecore is a protected cell, the brown one isn't. So your stream light probably doesn't have low voltage cutoff protection, so that's why they run the longer protected cells or 2 x cr123 because you can run them all the way down.

I dont have a clue about that stuff, I just know long one work, short one no work. Was just putting that out there for those like myself who are clueless about such things. Took me a bit of searching to find a light that would run both and had both the lumen output and the high candela I was looking for.

I dont have a clue about that stuff, I just know long one work, short one no work. Was just putting that out there for those like myself who are clueless about such things. Took me a bit of searching to find a light that would run both and had both the lumen output and the high candela I was looking for.
It's a rabbit hole for sure. There's also a lot of garbage and fake numbers out there too as far as capacities, lumens, candella, etc... Like the 5000mah capacity 18650s on amazon, no such thing, or the 50,000 lumen zoom lights....

Back
Top Bottom