• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me, I want a AK

When you get ready, I have a Yugo Opap, only fired 30rds, comes with at least 10 new 30rd pmags and 5.5k rounds of ammo. Box, docs, all included. Not COVID pricing, but I’m sure we could figure out something.

Obviously you don’t comprehend very well. The point of never cleaning was to show the reliability, guess you can’t understand that. This forum is meant to help a person out not get into a meaningless debate. Let’s go out to 500+ yards and the AR will beat you on accuracy any day of the week.....Both rifles using surplus ammo. If you want to load your x39 ammo, you’re welcome to do it. You will still lose. Throw both rifles in the sand and mud, obviously the AK will win any day of the week. I have owned several AK’s through the years and none of them including the Polytech legend will compare to a standard AR for accuracy.
Now get back to the topic. The man wants to find the best AK for the money. Try and help him out
Ehhh, you might want to actually test this stuff, or watch folks that do. Forgotten Weapons on Youtube has a great series of Mud Test videos and the AK did NOT perform as well at the AR in them. The less sealed AK design allows for more ingress of mud which causes failures after a few rounds.

A purpose built AR can be more accurate than the average AK, but if we are looking at rack grade vs rack grade the practical accuracy is essentially the same.

Now that Norincos and such are all priced outrageously this is a very good option. They have it in several furniture options. https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak-47-gf5-forged-classic-alg-rifle-black.html
I have owned many AKs and honestly my PSAK103 folder is one of my favorites. CHF barrel, excellent fit and finish, American made, lifetime warranty, multiple time survivor of the AKOU 5k round torture test...one day folks will get over the undeserved internet hate for PSA AKs.

Obviously you don’t comprehend very well. The point of never cleaning was to show the reliability, guess you can’t understand that. This forum is meant to help a person out not get into a meaningless debate. Let’s go out to 500+ yards and the AR will beat you on accuracy any day of the week.....Both rifles using surplus ammo. If you want to load your x39 ammo, you’re welcome to do it. You will still lose. Throw both rifles in the sand and mud, obviously the AK will win any day of the week. I have owned several AK’s through the years and none of them including the Polytech legend will compare to a standard AR for accuracy.
Now get back to the topic. The man wants to find the best AK for the money. Try and help him out
I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. You do you.
I have been shooting AK74 and RPK74 since 1980s. There is a difference between bullet construction of surplus x39 and 5.56, can't say that surplus ammo is surplus ammo.
And yes, a 5.45x39 AK74 will shoot just as well as a 5.56 AR at 500 yards.
7.62x39 AKM was designed for 50 to 300 meters and it does well at those distances.
And I helped the man out, he has my list.

I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. You do you.
I have been shooting AK74 and RPK74 since 1980s. There is a difference between bullet construction of surplus x39 and 5.56, can't say that surplus ammo is surplus ammo.
And yes, a 5.45x39 AK74 will shoot just as well as a 5.56 AR at 500 yards.
7.62x39 AKM was designed for 50 to 300 meters and it does well at those distances.
And I helped the man out, he has my list.
Had two Bulgarian 74’s both keyholed terribly. You can forget 500yds. You Sir are the one that got off subject. Also the triggers are the worst in history. I sold both and all the ammo. I’ll never own another. The 5.45 round sucks in my opinion, but to each his own. Just trying to save someone else some misery from misinformation about the 5.45. I’m glad you are so impressed with the round. You can keep it

Had two Bulgarian 74’s both keyholed terribly. You can forget 500yds. You Sir are the one that got off subject. Also the triggers are the worst in history. I sold both and all the ammo. I’ll never own another. The 5.45 round sucks in my opinion, but to each his own. Just trying to save someone else some misery from misinformation about the 5.45. I’m glad you are so impressed with the round. You can keep it
They keyholed because kits were built with 5.56 barrels, not 5.45. It is a known issue with Bulgarian kits built and sold by Century and a couple of other builders.
Same issue as some of US ammo makers using a 308 bullet in the round designed for a .311 bullet. That ammo sucks.
I have personally shot an army issue RPK74 at 300 to 500 meter ranges. AK74 rifle was not normally shot that far. RPK74 had a bipod and a scope, made it easier to take longer shots. Machine gunner was also trained as a designated marksman in the Soviet Army.

For commercial rifles, WASR 10 is a great starter rifle. Zastava m70 is a step better in finish and price, but uses a less common stock configuration so aftermarket parts are less available and more expensive. Arsenal makes a solid gun with better fit and finish than either one of the others. All will run reliably and accuracy will be about the same. All of them are also more expensive now because of the possibility of another import ban. I chose a WASR because I don't want to think about scratching or dropping it.

Back
Top Bottom