• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***SCAM ALERT***

Jesus, how to you folks keep falling for this ****? Good Lord. I don't even feel bad anymore.

Every member that posts here that they've fallen for Gary's scam, I'm about to send y'all an email claiming to be a Nigerian prince. I just need your bank account so I can deposit my millions. :lol:

As unbelievable as it seems people fall for scams in record numbers or it wouldn't be worth doing.

There's a sucker born every minute they say.

Not necessarily, some scammers are slick and can sell sand to Arabs. My observation is they prey on the weak my mom used to get a ton of so called charities calling her wanting monetary donations and always for veterans and children. Fortunately she knew better.

Not necessarily, some scammers are slick and can sell sand to Arabs. My observation is they prey on the weak my mom used to get a ton of so called charities calling her wanting monetary donations and always for veterans and children. Fortunately she knew better.
My Great-Aunt received some scam letters and sent them some money a couple times. If she hadn't been in the early stages of Alzheimer's she wouldn't have done it. No telling how many people like that get taken advantage of. :(

The thing about sending fists is funny....and true. I bought a set of racing tires from a guy in Pleasanton (early days of eBay) for $780 in 1999. He didn't ship, kept coming up with excuses, etc. Finally I sent him an email and told him, "Look. You obviously are not accustomed to dealing with crazy as **** rednecks from Georgia wanting their racing tires. You think I won't drive to Pleasanton to fix this shyte?" I was living in SF at the time, about 50 minutes away.

Next afternoon? Big brown truck stops and four racing tires, still mounted on the factory rims (not part of my purchase) are left on my doorstep. He overnighted them. LOL!

The thing about sending fists is funny....and true. I bought a set of racing tires from a guy in Pleasanton (early days of eBay) for $780 in 1999. He didn't ship, kept coming up with excuses, etc. Finally I sent him an email and told him, "Look. You obviously are not accustomed to dealing with crazy as **** rednecks from Georgia wanting their racing tires. You think I won't drive to Pleasanton to fix this shyte?" I was living in SF at the time, about 50 minutes away.

Next afternoon? Big brown truck stops and four racing tires, still mounted on the factory rims (not part of my purchase) are left on my doorstep. He overnighted them. LOL!

I once paid for a headliner for my Camaro from eBay in the days before PayPal. Same BS about excuses not to ship. I then politely reminded him that he gave me his full name and home address for me to send the money order. It came a few days later.

Back
Top Bottom