• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***SCAM ALERT***

Sorry if this is not the correct place for this.

Be careful posting in the Want to Buy ads. I have been looking to replace a stolen gun and posted a WTB ad on here. Someone messaged me on here saying,”contact Gary South in Kentucky at garyhosmer.south@gmail.com. He has one for sale.”

The person was a new member and I couldn’t message them back with questions, so I emailed Gary. I was skeptical, but I fell for the scam. I at least paid via PayPal with protection (not sending to a friend), and they refunded the money. The guy kept saying he would send the gun on Friday, then his wife had a stroke on Friday, so he would send on Monday when she got out of the hospital. I immediately filed a claim with Paypal. He said he would send when I deleted the claim. Per PayPal I did not delete it. They refunded.
I Googled his email after the fact and found that he has been doing this on all kinds of sites across the country.

I posted a new WTB ad and received a new message similar in every way, but a different t person’s name and email.

Be very careful who you send money to. He had a fake FFL also.
How much did you send him?

Capture+_2020-02-27-20-11-14-1.png

Gary is f******g relentless. He must be stopped. I want to FTF Gary/Tom/Carter whatever the hell he is going by now.

After posting a different WTB ad for the same item, I received a similar message saying to contact a guy named Baros Coker. Same type of response. Dude is relentless.

After Googling Gary, he is on all kinds of other sites that have classified ads pulling the same scam.

I sent $260, which was in line with what the gun I was looking for is going for. Thankfully, I used PayPal and was refunded because I filed a claim.

Better empty that paypal account before they get wind of it being a gun-related transaction. All he has to do is mention “gun” in the dispute and you’re screwed. He probably won’t in this case bit still. Never use paypal for guns. Never.

Jesus, how to you folks keep falling for this ****? Good Lord. I don't even feel bad anymore.

Every member that posts here that they've fallen for Gary's scam, I'm about to send y'all an email claiming to be a Nigerian prince. I just need your bank account so I can deposit my millions. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom