• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR?

Drop a line to West Georgia Tactical in Carrolton. Not sure what they may or may not take on but they have a legit machine shop with capability for a variety of SOT items.
Your Deawoo is a great SBR project - In addition to cutting, re-crowning, threading the barrel - It may need the gas port opened up as the short barrel will have less dwell time -( The gas back pressure pushing the piston and created by the bullet in the barrel moving past the block, will be greatly minimized0. This might require titrating the right hole size if it doesn't function well. drilling a hole, test shooting, and increasing size slowly - requiring more assembly disassembly time and expense.

Deawoo may have just kept the hole the same size as the military short version so maybe not - definitely a cool project gun for SBR.

If you were skilled with tools, CNCwarrior.com has tooling for threading on the gun without disassembly - Brownells has crowning and facing tools and you could DIY it - but why take a chance with a quality gun - best way is in a lathe with skilled operator for concentric threads.

adding a video link for DIY threading -

I have done a Min-14 SBR the DIY way, it ended up being good enough to use a suppressor without issues but I may have been lucky it was concentric enough.

I have confirmed that the gas system on the civilian rifles is exactly what is used on the 10.5" military rifles, so the gas system will not need to be altered - it's good to go. The gas system is discussed in this video.

I have a trust for my cans, this is the rifle.

View attachment 6811716
Oh My!!! Beautiful 😻
Seems like you have done your research.

You may or may not need a low back pressure suppressor.

My bit of advice is if you have to tune, tune it for regular 5.56 NATO like XM193 or 855 ball.
They tend to have a lil more umph than Wolf or Winchester white box.
Less parts breakage.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom