• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saw this on my wifi tonight

View attachment 137996

Anyone else see the FBI in their neighborhood?

Holy crap man, I hope you have a 5Ghz wireless access point. That much wireless interference has got to reek havok on your internet experience. Not to mention all the cordless phones that are probably in range as well. I take it you live in an Apartment?

This is mine out here in the sticks.
[Broken External Image]:

Durpus Maximus is the prime wireless access point for the house, Epic Internet is the access point I put in for my kids XBox because he kept eating all the wireless bandwidth, and Obama Sucks is just there because my Prime access point allows multiple SSIDs and I wanted to broadcast that. It is broadcasting in 5GHz which is why the signal is lower than Durpus Maximus. They are both the same device, but while 5GHz doesn't have the interference issues, it also doesn't have the range. I would rather broadcast "**** Obama" than "Obama Sucks" but my southern baptist wife wouldn't have it.;)

Last edited:
Holy crap man, I hope you have a 5Ghz wireless access point. That much wireless interference has got to reek havok on your internet experience. Not to mention all the cordless phones that are probably in range as well. I take it you live in an Apartment?

This is mine out here in the sticks.
[Broken External Image]:

Durpus Maximus is the prime wireless access point for the house, Epic Internet is the access point I put in for my kids XBox because he kept eating all the wireless bandwidth, and Obama Sucks is just there because my Prime access point allows multiple SSIDs and I wanted to broadcast that. It is broadcasting in 5GHz which is why the signal is lower than Durpus Maximus. They are both the same device, but while 5GHz doesn't have the interference issues, it also doesn't have the range. I would rather broadcast "**** Obama" than "Obama Sucks" but my southern baptist wife wouldn't have it.;)

Maybe she would go for "Dear Lord, **** Obama" ?

Why are you guys broadcasting your SSID anyhow? I don't broadcast mine. A willful crook could probably still find it, but at least it's hidden from plain view. On second thought, it's to my benefit since they would try to hack the openly broadcast ones first so, never mind, keep it up!

Why are you guys broadcasting your SSID anyhow? I don't broadcast mine. A willful crook could probably still find it, but at least it's hidden from plain view. On second thought, it's to my benefit since they would try to hack the openly broadcast ones first so, never mind, keep it up!

I live out in the middle of nowhere and my network is all enterprise level equipment for work. If someone was close enough to hack my wifi, I would be more concerned with what they are doing on my property in the first place. I used to have mine hidden, but I am constantly connecting new equipment to it for work and got tired of trying to remember how I spelled it exactly. It's bad enough that my encryption key is a complete sentence that I have to remember. ;)

If someone is slick enough to get onto my property, hack the Cisco Aironet, and then manage to get through the Cisco ASA, I have much bigger problems than I am capable of handling and you all will be reading about me in the newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom