• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savings bonds ?

There is nothing solid to put your money into right now imo. I'd just let it ride. If you've got 15-30 years before you retire land is a good investment if you find a good deal in the right area. Aside from that (if the time works for you) just let it ride. You are the proud owner of some US debt. Hopefully gov can make good on the iou when you want to cash them.

I agree land is a good investment for young and middle age people. Land prices have risen in North Ga from the '30's from 3 or 4 dollars per acre to a peak in the 2008 - 2010 time and then for the first time during that period down to 35 to 40% of the 2008-2010 peak. I don't think there is a better time to buy land than right now. I have old deeds from some parts of north ga from the late 1800's. I know what land was selling for.

I think bonds are good for old people like me, but I still own some land and some stocks. Can't pass up solid stocks paying 6+ % in dividends and steadily raising that dividend.

Dump the bonds, put the money into a growth fund mutual funds account. I am not sure if you can open a Roth IRA for a child, but if you can do that. Keep adding to it every year for them until they can take it over.

Back
Top Bottom