• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saving Private Ryan

CZ Fan

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
128   0
Reaction score
I saw this in the theaters when it came out. There were WW2 vets in the theater, it was very emotional, even for me, I knew the importance of the history. I was 17 when I saw it.

Some facts about the movie:
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/QHfRL

It's still not only one of my favorite war movie of all time, but it ranks in top 5 movies of all time.

Thank you all WW2 vets.

I saw this in the theaters when it came out. There were WW2 vets in the theater, it was very emotional, even for me, I knew the importance of the history. I was 17 when I saw it.

Some facts about the movie:
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/QHfRL

It's still not only one of my favorite war movie of all time, but it ranks in top 5 movies of all time.

Thank you all WW2 vets.

Totally agree man. I can't say I've come close to watching all the great war movies of all time but Saving Private Ryan definitely does an awesome job of putting into perspective what kind of gauntlet our service people went through when over there during the war.

Also, a must watch for any history buff out there is the series that I think the History Channel put out a few years back called World War II in Color. It will blow you away. At least it did with me.

I too think it was a great movie and have watched it many times. First time was in the theater when it first came out. I'm glad it was dark in the theater so the tears on my cheeks couldn't be seen. Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and Pacific, and Flags of Our Fathers all leave me drained and very sad, I guess in part that most of the men who fought that war for us is no longer with us. It makes me feel we are diminished. I still watch them from time to time to remind me of their great sacrifices which should never be forgotten. What a shame this part of history isn't even taught in public schools. My two children had to take elective courses in college before they learned of these things from academia.

All great movies. Have a personal attachment to Band of Brothers. That is Currahee Mountain in my avatar.

Walked up Currahee several time with my youngest son. Where the barrack where located is now pine trees and the best blackberry bushes in GA. Watch for rattles snake though while picking.

Back
Top Bottom