• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savage Mark II

Alvaropineros

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
48   1
Reaction score
I took my 8yr old daughter to the range today for the first time and we tested her Savage Mark II with her for a while and here are some notes.
Rifle: Savage Mark II (right hand).
Cal: .22LR
Ammo: Winchester .22 LR from Walmart
Range: Range Guns and Safes in Pleasantdale rd.
It’s a Bolt action magazine fed little rifle. The stock is synthetic and is a rather small frame with a 20inch barrel. It comes with 2 11rds magazines. It has small safety lever on the right side, just behind the bolt carrier. Basic sights and a small and cheap scope. The rifle feels very light and very slim perfect for my little girl. The forearm grip is small but not enough to be a youth size, however it does have some nice grip patterns. At the range I first started at 7yrds. Just to get her used to the grip and the recoil. 1 mag down and all were left and low. I adjusted the scope a little and moved her to the 10yrds (under the light) there she fired like a champ. Mostly all centered. Next I moved it to 15yrds, and I fired 1 mag. Again mostly low and this time about 2 inches right. Fixed the scope again and moved it to 25rds. They went about 4inches low, ad right. Then I decided to take down the scope and fire with the factory sights. And let me tell you that little rifle is deadly accurate. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I actually aimed at the letters at the bottom of the target and hit them.
Over all, I noticed that the gun is deadly accurate out of the box. The gun is light but with no recoil and very little noise. As a matter of fact it has less recoil and noise than her B.B. rifle. With a decent scope that rifle could be a lot of fun. I wonder what the actual kill range is. 50yards? 100yards?
A big Thanks to abailey for selling me the rifle… what a great little gun it turned out to be.
Questions, comments and feedback are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom