• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Salt Strong fishing club

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I've been watching some of their videos on Youtube for a while and just became a VIP Insider Club member.

Holy crap that gives access to a tremendous amount of actually useful material and tutorials. I've barley scratched the surface and have already learned a lot.

It's focused around specific info on places and techniques for mostly inshore saltwater fishing. It also has a community area that kind if reminds me of ODT, but it's all focused on fishing and individual fishing reports.

www.saltstrong.com

So they complain about the price of reels instead of Glocks? :)
Unfortunately I haven't been fishing on a boat I'm years. I miss it. Fishing for cats in Alabama was always a good time. I would like to learn more about the other types of fishing and charter a boat at Lake Lanier eventually.

So they complain about the price of reels instead of Glocks? :)
Unfortunately I haven't been fishing on a boat I'm years. I miss it. Fishing for cats in Alabama was always a good time. I would like to learn more about the other types of fishing and charter a boat at Lake Lanier eventually.
They do have a section titled "Unfiltered Product Reviews", so...

The more I get into this online club, the more invaluable it is.
There is an overwhelming amount of solid information and I do mean overwhelming. As much detailed info as you would ever want, but it will take a long time to learn it all. However, the guys that made the site understand that and did a very smart thing.

There is a whole series of "Cheat Sheets" for the different species of inshore fish. Very specific information about how to find the fish and how to fish for them each season of the year. Including exact lure selection and presentation.

They also have what's called "Fishing Spot Dissections". They use Google Maps and show you how to identify fish holding features and how to fish them. There are a bunch that are generalized types of locations, but you can even request they do this for a specific location and they will do it and post it as a new instructional video.

They also data mine information from other sites and organize it in an easily accessible and usable way. How about a detailed list of every single artificial reef in Florida waters? You can pull up the list as a PDF or in Excel. It includes GPS coordinates, what it is, depth, how big it is, how long it's been there, etc, etc.

These are just a few examples of what they offer. If you are or want to be an inshore fisherman, I can't recommend this site enough.

Just to give you an idea about the depth of info. I just found an article about this.

michelangelo-tarpon.jpg

That is a painting of a Tarpon... by Michelangelo.. in the Sistine Chapel. WTH?

No, Tarpon do not live in the Mediterranean.

I’ve been watching Salt Strong videos and they do a good job. But, I can’t justify the low price of $11/month because I don’t have a boat ad only get to saltwater fish about once a year. I can see how the membership would be loaded with info.

I’ve been watching Salt Strong videos and they do a good job. But, I can’t justify the low price of $11/month because I don’t have a boat ad only get to saltwater fish about once a year. I can see how the membership would be loaded with info.
If you get the membership you have access to a large number of comprehensive instructional videos. Very in depth and detailed. There's a lot that are free, but you have to buy the ones that are the best. Imagine the best fishing guides in the world giving you extensive instruction. You can buy them individually or just pay a one time fee to access all of them and any future ones.

The information available is worth every penny and, as far as I can tell, is not available anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom