• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sale of Boneless Rib Eye at Kroger this week

Nice thanks DD! I picked up a couple tenderloins a couple months back During that sale that I have depleted. I missed the whole NY Strip sale a few weeks back, and glad I held out for the ribeyes.

Wasn't really a 'deal' but Sam's Club, Athens, had what they called a "Cowboy Steak" for $9.99/pound this week. Those were bone in ribeye with a rib bone sticking out of them, must have been 10". The steak portion was cut thick.....think a 4" thick ribeye with a giant rib bone handle sticking out of it.

Wasn't really a 'deal' but Sam's Club, Athens, had what they called a "Cowboy Steak" for $9.99/pound this week. Those were bone in ribeye with a rib bone sticking out of them, must have been 10". The steak portion was cut thick.....think a 4" thick ribeye with a giant rib bone handle sticking out of it.
Make sure if you use clicklist that they slice it for you if that's what you want. Last time they had a a sale I ordered one and we got home and found out it was sliced. Not the worst thing in the world but it would have been a lot easier to put in the freezer if it wasn't one big huge hunk of meat.

Make sure if you use clicklist that they slice it for you if that's what you want. Last time they had a a sale I ordered one and we got home and found out it was sliced. Not the worst thing in the world but it would have been a lot easier to put in the freezer if it wasn't one big huge hunk of meat.
I enjoy butchering these myself as everybody gets the size steak they want. I do the same with the tenderloins and have a scrap pile for grinding that I mix when I get enough for a few pounds.

I had a brother tell me he had a deer for me, as I have not been able to hunt for the last three years..Bride needs 24 hr attention but I have always paid my dues to the club, been a member for somewhere around 18 years..I met with him not long ago and he is a valued member on here and a value Brother..This stud was massive and would not fit in my 50qt pelican cooler..So he gave me his, so I could take it to be processed...The only meat that I did not want the processor to touch, other than trim was the Back straps..And I might say the only bigger ones I have seen were on a big Muley..I mean monster size. Drew is making me a bunch of summer sausage with Jalapeno and cheddar cheese that is out of this world good..The rest will be stew meat, ground sausage, ground meat and cubed steak..The Tender loin and back straps, I will cut the way I want..Thanks to @D_Max Thanks brother love Ya!

Thanks for the info, I will get some for sure. @D_Max is a great guy,thanks to him too.
I am blessed to have so many that have offered, they are my Brothers..We take so many things for granted in life..I have hunted Georgia since the early 70's..I love sitting watching life,nature waking up in the early morning,, I am blessed to enjoy the simple things in life and what Our Lord has provided..

Back
Top Bottom